IoT Ecosystem Design for Smart City Deployment
Dev IQ helps companies develop the tools and infrastructure that will power the cities of the future and improve the quality of life for urban residents around the globe.
Related Case Studies & Articles:
Get in touch to discuss how we can apply our experience to build or improve your product or service.
Areas of expertise:
IoT and IoT Ecosystem Design
Dev IQ develops custom IoT solutions that deliver ROI and improve the quality of life for end users. Cities developing IoT solutions leverage our expertise to:
- Conceptualize IoT solutions that will provide a competitive advantage, deliver ROI and improve the quality of life for their customers
- Design IoT interfaces that can compete for user attention within a device-crowded environment, including cutting-edge components like voice integration
- Build strong, sustainable ecosystems necessary to manage, process, integrate and protect data from IoT devices
IoT Analytics Dashboards
Dev IQ helps cities develop custom IoT smart city analytics through robust dashboards that deliver centralized data in real time. These dashboards pull together data from disparate IoT sensors and devices to provide city managers the ability to assess and monitor “smart” municipal operations throughout their city within one easy-to-use interface. With our dashboard, city managers can access up-to-the-moment information on lighting, Wi-Fi, air quality, water usage, energy consumption, crime reports, and more — simultaneously.
Design Thinking and Empathic UX/UI Focus
As with all our projects, we begin with design thinking. This process encourages a deep understanding of the needs of all relevant stakeholders and business drivers, so the end product is built to address real usability requirements and organizational needs.
Armed with this understanding, our team leverages empathic design to develop intuitive, holistic, end-to-end solutions that improve processes and deliver quantifiable business value.
Dev IQ engineers leverage a proprietary Continuous Delivery Pipeline to frequently and automatically push new features with no downtime and no negative impact to the user experience or underlying operational processes. This “always on” software development methodology supports our clients in their need for continuity of service and commitment to customer experience.
WIDE-SPECTRUM SOLUTION EXPERTISE
Also known as Web-based software or on-demand software – it is our primary focus. Our greatest advantage is to apply all our assets and strengths to design and build entire service ecosystems, including:
- SaaS, PaaS, and PDaaS Development
- Service Architecture and Infrastructure Design
- RESTful API Design and Specification
- UX/UI Application Design
- Scalable Application Server Development
- Responsive Web Apps for both Mobile and Desktop
- Native iOS and Android Applications for Phone and Tablet
- Scalable, Secure Cloud Deployment and Management
- Billing and Payment Service Integration
Cloud Architecture and Solution Design
Dev IQ designs and delivers high-quality solutions optimized for cloud performance. Our team combines our proprietary Blueprint methodology with the latest in cloud technology to build resilient, scalable solutions that foster exceptional user experiences. Along the way, we provide:
- Deep knowledge of front end and back end infrastructure components necessary for a well-integrated cloud system – including authentication, auditing, storage, and security
- A continuous delivery model that iteratively tests and incorporates feedback for greater reliability and exceptional UX
- Container technology expertise to streamline and secure infrastructural requirements
- Multi-cloud expertise (including, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Services) to provide unbiased recommendations and customized strategies
- Serverless expertise (including AWS Lambda) for faster development, on-demand scalability, and reduced spending on infrastructure
- Replatforming expertise to help clients take advantage of the public Cloud infrastructure services to save time and money and increase efficacy
Dev IQ builds smart city solutions for the edge. Leveraging the edge of the cloud network, these solutions shorten the distance that data has to travel before it can be processed, allowing for near real-time analysis. Edge computing also reduces latencies, which can especially meaningful in the smart city setting where citizens rely on the fast response of emergency personnel and city maintenance professionals.