Dev IQ Blueprint Methodology
We put immense focus on the first 15% of the process, our Inception phase, knowing that key business insights and the decisions made early on determine the success of the project.
GETTING OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT
Regardless of the industry or type of solution, a true understanding between all parties involved and the project requirements is crucial. The Inception phase, the first of our 3-step Blueprint IQ Methodology, is where it all begins. We’ve been praised for the value that this initial engagement provides in terms of insights and discovery of our client’s products, ideas, company, and industry. This is the foundation on which we build success.
Typical Inception tasks include:
- Requirements gathering, initial meetings
- Understand the users, with Empathic Design methods
- Identify system aspects and architecture requirements
- Early user experience (UX) creation, wireframes, mockups
- Research, Technology Assessment & deployment options
- Defining initial user stories for agile sprint-based execution
- Optionally prototyping risk areas
Visit our Design Portal to learn more about our Empathetic Design process and our awesome UX/UI skills.
The Construction phase is where we focus on code development. It is an iterative, highly collaborative and learning-oriented phase. Our Core Team of moves through the whole cycle, ensuring the original context and business objectives end up in the final solution.
Read more about our DevOps, LEAN, and Agile principles & methods.
After the application is designed, developed, and ready to go, we thoughtfully move through the Transition phase. The solution is deployed to the market, and our client is set up to measure, support and maintain the solution for the long-term.
Schedule a free meeting with our Experts to tell us about your project.
Origins of our Process
Our process leverages years of collective software development and project management experience. It embraces proven methodologies and utilizes our passion to continually improve them. We have utilized source elements from diverse fields, including Manufacturing, Continuous Delivery, Industrial Design and Design Thinking, abstracting key elements and incorporating them to our own experience, called “Dev IQ Blueprint Methodology.”
The following sources represent key elements of our methodology:
- Design. Holistic and Empathic Design principles, based on User-Centered Design and Design Thinking, focus on the user’s emotions and providing better user experiences. These stem from Stanford University and IDEO’s approach to Industrial Design, the development of mass-produced physical consumer products.
- Quality. Total Quality Management (TQM) as defined by W. Edwards Deming (the father of quality) focuses on improvement of the system, including the 15/85 rule: the first 15% of the project focuses on getting the vision, design, and user experience right – all of which helps ensure the remaining 85% is successful!
- People First. We are a big believer in the human aspect of technology development, making people and relationships the first priority. As a Team, we incorporate our collective experience and ability to lead, adapt, and continuously meet if not exceed our clients’ business goals.