Omnique: Auto Repair Shop Management
Omnique is the premier software for automotive repair shops. The platform services hundreds of auto shops across the nation with a growing international presence. The Omnique team has entrusted Dev IQ with building, scaling, and supporting their application for over 8 years.
After years of maintenance and support of Omnique’s version 4.0 (O4) built on Microsoft’s Silverlight platform, it was time to modernize.
The challenge was to modernize the app without impacting the user’s day-to-day workflow or risk data loss. Dev IQ was tasked with supporting the current application while iteratively rebuilding on top of a shared database. This process needed to be seamless to their users and prevent a significant training burden on the Omnique team.
“Dev IQ defines what a software company should be. The team continues to stand head and shoulders above any other software vendors that we deal with as far as quality of the development, quality of support, project management and knowledge of Omnique and our business.”Erik D.Product Manager, Omnique
Dev IQ’s agile process allowed the team to iterate on monthly releases. New, production-ready features were constantly released to end users. This allowed current shop owners to continue to use the application they were familiar with while slowly getting familiar with the look and feel of the modern site.
Because of the challenge to maintain a shared database, Omnique’s users were able to move back and forth between the deprecated version and the new site without fear of losing data or wasting time maintaining information on two sites.
Omnique 5 is a robust, feature-loaded, comprehensive solution to run a car repair shop.
It allows users to:
- Manage customers and their vehicles across all shops
- Send emails and Texts to customers
- Manage inventory
- Manage employees’ commissions and time clocks
- Schedule appointments
- Create tickets
- Order parts
- Print invoices
- Accept payments from two separate credit card providers
It’s Highly Configurable
- The default settings of O5’s features allow shops to run from day 1, however, it can be configured to fit specific needs.
- The permissions system allows granular control of what each user has access to. Hide reports from technicians or configuration screens from managers.
It Integrates with 3rd Party Systems
- PartsTech and ISE for ordering parts
- Dealer Socket (iDMS/FEX) for customer and vehicles information
- RackSpace for email accounts for users (optional)
- Twillio for SMS
Some of the technology expertise used in this project include:
- ASP MVC
- Active Reports by Grape City
- SignalR (WebSockets)
- Azure SQL
- Azure Search
- Bamboo (for CI/CD)
Actual user feedback allowed the team to focus on the features customers cared about most and respond quickly to improve the overall experience in the new design.
• Service advisors are now able to create their estimates at the vehicle, with the owners’ input.
• Technicians are able to review the repair order tasks from their tablets while working on the vehicle.
• Shop owners can review KPI reports on-the-go.
Omnique users have loved the increased performance, simplified design, and mobile capabilities. Users now prefer the modern version of the site and, in fact, have given almost no resistance in deprecating features from the old site.
Let’s build something beautiful together.
Our customer’s success is our success.
We have helped dozens of businesses throughout our 10+ years of development. We work hard and have fun doing it. We love learning new industries and pride ourselves on our communication, process and people.