Visionaire: smart platform for lighting controls & iOt SOLUTIONS
Visionaire Lighting is a successful LED lighting and fixture manufacturer boldly stepping into IoT / smart lighting solutions and services. Dev IQ partnered with Visionaire to develop PangeaLink, an extensible Industrial IoT Platform for controlling and managing smart lighting and related IoT sensors for cities and large commercial/ industrial customers embracing LED technology.
Developing an open platform that supports multiple IoT device types and control systems, while delivering an incredible User Experience.
PangeaLink is an incredibly important and strategic initiative for Visionaire. It was essential that we find and engage with the right trusted partner to build it. There is no doubt that Dev IQ® was the right choice. They’ve provided the technical expertise and strategic leadership we needed and helped us to deliver a truly unique and innovative platform for our customers.Roger C.
A cloud-based platform and SaaS service that scales to millions of devices, and enables integration with any IoT smart device that has an API interface.
Dev IQ® met with solution stakeholders – Visionaire staff, customers and partners – to identify and define key business objectives and desired solution benefits. We worked with Visionaire leadership to develop a technology strategy to align with these objectives and deliver these benefits to Visionaire customers.
Following our product development process, we then worked with the same stakeholders to define the PangeaLink product. This included:
- Inception – persona & user stories, UI/UX design.
- Construction – rapid prototyping and agile development.
- Transition – rollout and production support.
- A “single pane of glass” to view network and device status, sensor data, device telemetry, alarms, etc.
- Actionable data analytics, such as energy consumption and savings based on actual device readings.
- A “central command” map view of all deployed devices with site and zone navigation, group selection alarm monitoring and more.
- Control and configuration of devices through individual and group selection.
- Advanced visual scheduling of device operations for applications like “smart lighting”.
Highly flexible, ultimately scalable
- PangeaLink was architected to support individual customers in a variety of industries as well as Visionaire partners who wish to leverage PangeaLink to provide their own services.
- Built with proven cloud technologies, PangeaLink is capable of supporting the needs of single-site customers looking for “smart lighting” solutions to large municipalities interested in “smart city” solutions.
- The world of IoT is incredibly diverse. From an ever growing number of devices and sensors to a large number of incumbent platform providers – such as lighting control systems, the integration requirements are extensive. PangeaLink is built to handle this and is ready to help Visionaire customers and partners deliver integrated solutions.
Some of the technology expertise used in this project include:
- Dev IQ Blueprint
- AWS RDS – PostgreSQL
- AWS ElasticSearch
- AWS Route53
- AWS ALB
- AWS EC2
- AWS IoT Core
MVP launched at Lightfair 2019 (May 2019), with an overwhelmingly successful reception. Many cities and industrial clients are now in pilots with Visionaire lights and the Pangea Software Platform.
With PangeaLink, Visionaire now has a platform to address the needs of their customers today and deliver on their vision of tomorrow: an open, extensible and scalable IoT platform that leverages Smart Lighting as an infrastructure to deliver ever more value to customers in the long term.
Watch Roger Cheek, Director of Business Development & Technology
talk about his experience working with Dev IQ
Visit Visionaire’s website and learn more about PangeaLink:
Our customer’s success is our success.
We have helped dozens of businesses throughout our 10+ years of development. We work hard and have fun doing it. We love learning new industries and pride ourselves on our communication, process and people.